Members of the Visual Effects (VFX) Team for ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D are among the newest additions to the Whedonopolis 2016 Guest List. The creative minds attending the inaugural event include visual effects supervisor Mark Kolpack, visual effects producer Sabrina Arnold, visual effects editor / assistant editor Ryan R. Moos, and editor Joshua Charson.
- Well-versed in the superpowered, Mark Kolpack’s résumé includes his tenure on “Heroes,” “No Ordinary Family,” “Blade,” “Godzilla,” and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Dark Willow).”
- Prior to joining the crime-fighting S.H.I.E.L.D. team, Sabrina Arnold helped to bring to life the worlds of “24,” “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation,” “CSI: Miami,” and “Battlestar Galactica”.
- No stranger to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Ryan R Moos served as the 3D editor on “The Avengers.” Some of his other projects include “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” “TRON: Legacy,” and “Knight Rider.”
- Before becoming an “Agent,” Joshua Charson brought his talents to fan-favorites “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Tru Calling.” He has also contributed to a variety of sci-fi narratives, working on shows such as “Fringe,” “The Event,” and “V.”
S.H.I.E.L.D.’s talented behind-the-scenes team joins a growing roster including Whedon alumni Guest of Honor Juliet Landau and actors James C. Leary, Doug Jones, and Camden Toy at the upcoming event.
In addition to the VFX panels, fans will have a chance to dress up for a Cosplay/Costume Contest, attend Meet & Greets, sing their favorite karaoke hits, dance the night away at the “Prom at the Bronze,” and even cozy up for a Star Wars pajama marathon.
A Joss Whedon-centric convention run by fans for fans, Whedonopolis 2016 is taking place May 13-15, 2016 at the Airtel Plaza Hotel in Los Angeles, CA and will raise funds to support the Sophie Lancaster Foundation and the Pop Culture Hero Coalition, two non-profits created to address bullying and peer pressure. For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit WhedonCon.com.
For up-to-the-minute announcements and information, please follow our Twitter accounts @WhedonopolisCon and @Whedonopolis and #WhedonCon2016
You never know who’s going to show up at our events and you don’t want to miss out on the next Big D*mn Adventure!!
– See more at www.whedoncon.com.