New series produced by Michael Eisner’s The Tornante Company with Tiffany Haddish Voicing ‘Tuca’
The animated series is a comedy about the friendship between two 30-year-old bird women who live in the same apartment building: Tuca, a cocky, care-free toucan, and Bertie, an anxious, daydreaming songbird.
Lisa Hanawalt (BoJack Horseman) created the series, which consists of 10-episodes for its first season.
Hanawalt is an executive producer alongside Raphael Bob-Waksberg (BoJack Horseman), Noel Bright (BoJack Horseman, Friends), Steven A. Cohen (BoJack Horseman, Jack & Bobby) and Haddish.
Animation is being done at Shadowmachine.
About Tiffany Haddish:
- Haddish continues to have an already incredibly busy year following her breakout performance in the smash comedy Girls Trip.
- Will next be seen opposite Tracy Morgan on The Last O.G. (premiering April 3 on TBS) and opposite Kevin Hart in Universal Pictures’ Night School (releasing September 28).
- Inked a first-look deal with HBO at the beginning of this year
- Released her first book The Last Black Unicorn in December, which made the NY Times Bestseller List.
- Released her newest stand-up special Tiffany Haddish: She Ready! on Showtime late last year.
- Additional upcoming projects include Limited Partners, The Oath, The Kitchen, and The Temp, the latter of which she will also executive produce.